The new year is in full swing, and, as always, the B2B telecom and IT industry is poised for some big changes. To help you tackle all the hurdles like a pro this year, we scoured the top predictions reports in the industry from giants like HubSpot, Gartner, and others to create this CliffsNotes-style guide just for you.
Keep reading for a list of each of the main points we gathered from our research – simply click each resource for more detail and context. Feel free to bookmark this page and come back whenever you need a refresh!
9 B2B Marketing Resources (and the Biggest Takeaways)
- 2023 Marketing Strategy & Trends Report
- Short-form video content will see the most growth in 2023.
- Influencer marketing will continue to grow its high ROI.
- Branded social media DM tactics are growing.
- Website SEO continues to shine.
- Marketers will continue to humanize their brands.
- Marketers will benefit from data in 2023.
- State of Inbound Marketing Trends - HubSpot
- Short-form video is the most effective type of social media content.
- Videos are the top content marketing media format for the third year in a row.
- Instagram, YouTube, and Facebook are the top social media platforms for marketing.
- Creating higher quality content less often is more effective.
- Facebook has the best ROI for social media ads versus other platforms.
- The Top Marketing Trends of 2023 & How They've Changed Since 2022 - HubSpot
- Influencer marketing will evolve into a common marketing tactic.
- Video marketers will keep content short.
- Social media will become a customer service tool.
- More businesses will leverage SEO to concur search traffic.
- Mobile optimization will be even more critical.
- 8 Predictions About B2B Marketing in 2023 - LinkedIn
- Efficiency is a necessity.
- The “Everyone-Sourced Pipeline” is taking over the Marketing-Sourced Pipeline.
- The self-service buyer will continue to rise.
- The lines between ABM & Demand Gen have blurred.
- Privacy will still be consequential.
- Marketers are delaying the inevitable embrace of the metaverse and Web3.
- Dark communities’ place in the buying process will keep growing.
- Top Trends to Impact CMOs in 2023 - Gartner
- Shifting customer behaviors will amplify uncertainty.
- Cross-functional collaboration yields worse outcomes.
- Disruptive market dynamics are eroding traditional sources of brand value.
- 5 Marketing Trends and Predictions for 2023 - Gartner
- AI-augmented operations have allowed for smarter data-driven decisions.
- The increasing volume of fake content requires constant monitoring.
- Consumers view product placement favorably.
- Loyal customers are essential for growth.
- Marketers can use AI for good – or bad.
- State of Marketing Report - Salesforce
- Marketers are focused on driving value amidst change.
- Innovative channels and tactics will redefine customer engagement.
- Marketers continue to walk the “personalization vs. privacy” tightrope.
- KPIs will shift as marketers adopt real-time intelligence.
- Distributed teams will unite with collaboration technology.
- Marketers will continue to lead with values.
- 5 predictions for B2B marketing in 2023 - Insider Intelligence
- Digital self-service will dominate the B2B buyer journey.
- Marketers need to get tech integration right.
- The importance of normalized and compliant data will grow.
- Marketers will own the full customer life cycle and expand their B2B tactics.
- Personalized, targeted content will be imperative.
- 3 Trends That Will Shape B2B CMOs’ 2023 Planning - Forbes
- Marketers must address changing buyer behaviors.
- Implementing a purpose-driven brand has become essential.
- The focus on post-sale customer engagement will continue to grow.
We agree with this research, especially in light of buyer behavior changes and trends toward digital self-service. And we can’t understate the importance of video, living your brand’s values, and maintaining healthy alignment between sales and marketing.
Our recent webinar, Top B2B Telecom + IT Marketing Predictions for 2023, put a B2B telecom + IT lens on these findings.
Want to take a deeper dive? Watch the webinar recording and view the webinar slides for more expert insights.